Sheet Metal Worker / Boilermaker Welder
Employment: Full Time 38 hrs per week & Overtime
Location: Breakwater Geelong VICTORIA
"Australian residents/ work permits only."
About the individual we are seeking
A talented boiler maker welder or sheet metal worker who is looking for a new home to become a vital team member.
We are seeking only outstanding candidates, who can prove their experience and qualifications, to join our small happy team. This is a permanent full-time position for a small/medium sized business.
The position offered will suit a dedicated leader, hardworking, qualified tradesman with a high level of attention to detail.
If you are someone who takes great pride in their work, conscious of both the customers' requirements and meeting the business' allotted time for the job; someone who enjoys variety, and is proficient using a variety of both sheet-metal and boiler-maker machinery, then this is the job for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main duties of this role include reading and interpreting plans, all aspects of welding, light fabrication, operating machinery and maintaining a clean & safe workstation.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Attention to detail, have a clear ability to tackle and manage their jobs, to ensure minimal mistakes
• Be physically fit
• Current Driver's License
• Forklift license desirable
• Good communication skills, with the ability to work in a team or autonomously
• Grinder, sander and finishing proficiency
• Guillotine, folder, cropper, punch & rolling experience
• Have a strong work ethic with a good attitude
• Light to medium gauge Sheet Metal fabrication experience
• Light and medium (plate and section) fabrication experience
• Overhead Crane proficient
• Oxy cutting expert
• Precision MIG, TIG, ARC welding skills
• Press Brake experience desirable
• Takes great pride in their work
About our Business
A family owned business operating over 25 years, specialising in small fabrication & steel sales. The company services mostly small domestic builders, landscapers, fencers & handyman; offering band sawing, cold sawing, cropping, guillotining, pressbrake folding, welding and general fabrication & light structural steel services.
Join a small team and friendly environment, where you are a valued individual.
This role has full time hours with regular overtime.
How to Apply
If you believe you have all the necessary skills & experience for this role; including formal qualifications, please send your resume to the attention of the General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.