(light to medium steel fabrication & steel sales)
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience
- Incoming telephone sales
- Providing quotations
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers
- Providing a professional customer service
- Providing solutions for customer requirements
- Advice at the counter to visitors
- Writing up Sales Orders
- Liaising with the Workshop Foreman
- Working in a team environment
- Invoicing your jobs
- Maintaining a quote register
- Following up quotations
About the business:
The business established over 25 years ago, is a reputable market leader for steel sales.
The business services mostly small domestic builders, landscapers, fencers, other-various trades and the DYI handyman.
We provide processing services; such as band sawing, cold sawing, cropping, guillotining, press braking & rolling, and provide a light structural & general fabrication service for our customers.
We are a manufacturer of made-to-order electric steel gates, and Corten (rustable) landscape garden products. We also stock security fence panels, rural fencing panels & gates, and a range of trailer spare-parts.
With the addition of our general engineering-hardware store; which stocks a range of accessories, tooling and consumables, we are able to complement and enhance our customer service.
Our customers are able to find a full list of our services and products available on our website https://www.breakwatermetaland.com.au/
The successful applicant:
Will be a dedicated reliable person, with a great approach to getting the job done. Someone who is able to prioritise their work to meet customer deadlines and cope within a very busy environment.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
· Experienced with steel fabrication & structural steel
· Has a trade background
· Able to read engineering and workshop drawings
· Excellent with numbers, calculation, dimensions and knows how to measure
· Has several-years' customer service
· Has several-years' experience quoting, following up quotes and closing sales
· Is an excellent negotiator
· Understands profit margin
· Strong computer skills
· Proficient with Microsoft suite
· Has good grasp on the English language, grammar, and is a good speller
· Is an excellent communicator with exceptional people skills
· Able to work in a small team environment
· Has excellent time management skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise their work to achieve deadlines and objectives.
If you are seeking a permanent position in a secure business, like variety, are highly motivated, have and enjoy a face-paced office and being in charge and control of your own work, then this is the job for you. The position has the scope for further career development, for those who are ambitious.
To be considered for this position please send your resume with cover letter, outlining your experience, qualifications, and work history to the attention of the General Manager.